In law, negligence is a type of wrong. A wrong can be either an act or omission, which can be either criminal or civil in nature. It can be defined as a conduct that falls below the standard established by the law for the protection of others against unreasonable risk of harm.
Negligence arose from the common law and, although some applications may now be incorporated into statute or codes, it is considered the primary basis upon which to determine liability in tort (in the United States where juries sit in civil trials, succinct definitions of principles are found in the jury instructions). The general test of liability requires the plaintiff or claimant to prove that:
- the defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff/claimant;
- the defendant breached that duty of care;
- this breach caused loss or damage to the plaintiff/claimant; and
- the defendant should compensate the plaintiff/claimant for that loss or damage.
Many times negligence of another occurring in many different forms can create the possibility of an injury claim.
- Auto Accidents
- Throughout the years, we have defended claims at all levels within the trucking industry, including claims against transport companies, movers, insurers, manufacturers, retailers, owners, brokers and drivers. Additionally, our Firm has vast experience with regard to evaluating medical-related damages, and we have defended hundreds of cases involving wrongful death, ligament damage, brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip & Falls
- When an owner of a business or home fails to secure the safety of those entering the premises, the owner may be responsible for harm or injuries that may arise. Our premises liability attorneys represent property owners in claims arising from personal injuries, wrongful death, injuries caused by code violation, injuries caused by premises in disrepair and injuries due to the presence of toxic or any dangerous substances.
- Negligent Security
- Experienced in representing hotels, developers, condominiums, large multi-unit land owners, restaurants, bars, retail establishments, malls, security firms, property managers, and associations involved in numerous claims of negligent security for a wide array of on-property offenses, we are experienced in handled dozens of high-profile negligent security cases involving complex and detailed expert analysis and testimony, including but not limited to murders/wrongful deaths, assaults and batteries, drug-related offenses, targeted attacks, and rapes and other sexual batteries.
Personal Injury Liability
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Bicycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
Alcohol Related Accidents
Elderly Neglect and Abuse
Avoid the expensive mistakes commonly made by those who go at it alone. The attorneys at Amethyst Law Group offer effective representation for civil matters, including negotiations, hearings, arbitrations, mediations, and trials.