Caring, Effective Legal Counsel After A Fatality In Your Family
A fatal car accident or any other type of accident resulting in someone’s death is naturally shocking and distressing. Surviving family members often feel overwhelmed by several aspects at once, including:
- How to pay for final medical expenses, if applicable
- How to handle the person’s estate and insurance issues at the same time that a family is in mourning
- How to pay for funeral and burial costs
- How to help young children – if applicable – adjust to the sudden loss of a parent
Financial, practical and emotional issues after a sudden accidental death are tough for a spouse, parent or child, especially. Other family members, such as siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles may also be profoundly affected by the loss.
Legal issues typically pertain primarily to a spouse, child or parent. To determine whether you qualify to bring a wrongful death claim in Florida, consult with one of our attorneys at Amethyst Law Group.
How We Can Help You Now And Long Term
If we have the honor of helping your family through this difficult time, we will focus first on lifting your load. While you plan a funeral and respond to other immediate needs, we can begin a thorough investigation behind the scenes. With more than 30 combined years of experience, we are adept at assisting families sensitively and effectively. Our work will likely include the following:
- Helping you open the estate and make other immediate moves that can ease the way for legal processes ahead
- Arranging for accident reconstruction to determine exactly how the accident happened and who is responsible for compensating the next of kin
- Interacting as needed with creditors, health care providers, insurers and other individuals or groups of people as appropriate and necessary
- Determining both dollar amounts and human elements of the deceased person’s previous contributions to family life
- Preparing an effective presentation for claims adjusters, juries or a judge about the compensation that you and/or other close family members need and deserve
- Representing you in settlement negotiations, mediation, trial or appeals, as needed
Above all, we want to make a difference for you and your family as you grapple with your great loss. Like the gemstone with the same name, Amethyst Law Group stands for healing and relief from stress and anxiety. We truly care, and we are confident that you will recognize that from your first consultation until your case’s conclusion.
Reach Out; We Are Ready
Our attorneys are available on short notice. We are also poised to stand with you through all phases of your wrongful death case. Get to know us during an initial consultation and let us deliver the support that we are equipped to provide.
To schedule a free case evaluation, call 813-670-6027 or complete our easy online inquiry form. Our services are available in Spanish, German, Farsi, Swedish and English.